In every moment of every day, we are co-creating our reality. In many ways, what we say often becomes what we eventually see. What we manifest begins with a thought and is followed by words – a foreword, if you will. In these forewords, we create our reality in the joys, pains, sadness, and successes we experience everyday. It is through our words that we convince ourselves of how our reality should look.
We casually tell ourselves that we cannot trust the people around us, and then act surprised when they act according to that ideology. We never stop to question if, in saying those words, we are deliberately choosing people who we do not fully trust and thus, never trust us; creating this self-fulling prophecy.
The perception of our words impacts our everyday experience, including our emotional and mental well-being. Tax season used to frustrate and irritate me every April. I would get overwhelmed with worry that I would often spiral into a depressive state. Every year, the system left me feeling like it was so unfair. One year when tax season rolled around, I reached my limit, and had to acknowledge the negativity I was creating in my own life. At that moment, I decided to no longer be overwhelmed by it. I remember specifically praying to God to receive such an abundance that I would feel calm. In that one simple act, my words worked to create an experience that mirrored the vision I was manifesting for my life.
Our words have the power to create good or bad and what we believe is often how a situation will play out. Several years ago, I decided to start speaking in abundance. Everyday, I spoke words of love, peace, joy, excellent health, happiness, growth, guidance, and the continued presence of genuine people. I believed that my words had the power to create my reality and in doing so, my life would then attract what I spoke and believed.
A simple example of this happened recently when I lost a document and searched everywhere for it. Locating the document was time-sensitive, and after a few weeks I was becoming concerned. I took a breath and literally spoke into the atmosphere one morning before work, "I will find this document within the hour.” 20 minutes after I spoke these words, I found the document, and was able to send it off. By speaking my faith into the universe, and trusting in a positive outcome, I opened the door for my need to be met.
So how do we do that:
● Speak with Intention: Pay attention to the words you use when speaking about your dreams and goals. How you wake up and speak over your life is so important because it sets the tone for the rest of your day. How are you setting yourself up for success if you wake up and only speak to the problems you may (or may not) face that day? Avoid negative terms like “can’t,” “will not,'' “but,” and even “I wish” (we only wish for things that we believe are out of our reach!). Instead, frame your words in positive statements like, “I will,” “I can,” and “I have.”
● Affirm your Beliefs: I love affirmations. They are statements that practice gratitude and create space for abundance. They help you to identify and focus on the things that matter to you. The universe conspires to work with us by boomeranging our words into our reality. Some examples:
● I love life.
● I am healthy, happy, and whole.
● I have a great family.
● I have amazing friends.
● New opportunities are opening up to me everyday.
● I bring peace and joy to every person, and receive the same.
● Check your Inner Beliefs: It is not enough to say words of faith and abundance externally and then harshly criticize ourselves internally. Use your inner voice to speak kindly to yourself. Check your inner monologue to ensure that you are speaking life into your dreams.
These practices may seem hard to do, and may require a lot of inner work, but as Bishop T.D Jakes says, it is about embracing our Inflection Point. Believing for the up, that can not come down. This is the idea Travis Malloy embraced when he created the brand Millions, Billions, Trillions the “Dream Currency” which is a reminder to elevate your self-confidence to inspire, believe and pursue every dream you've ever dreamed! "You can’t change your currency unless you change your mind." -Travis Malloy
Your dreams, and the power of your mind are limitless, and have the ability to change your reality. You just have to believe and speak it into existence. You are only restricted by the words you choose to speak into creation. Remember the words we share with the world set our intentions.
When we take a chance, and plant a seed, growth is happening, whether we see it or not. It is happening underground, and the impact is deep and expansive. Your words manifest your future, and become a tree of life that future generations will benefit from. So, just keep speaking life into your dreams, while creating space for them to grow. I challenge you to say what you see, and even if you don't see it today, say what you believe until what you see has manifested into what you said. Because it's the FOREWORD that counts . . .
Be a part of the conversation, by COMMENTING below, and/or sharing your FOREWORD, Forward.
JOIN US LIVE TONIGHT @ 7pm C / 8pm E for Monday Mentoring Moments #MMM. It's our 4th and final installment of our April series simply entitled 4 (IV) - it's the 4th month, and an opportunity to look back on the first quarter and assess highlights, progress and necessary adjustments. You don't want to miss it!
More than 200K people viewed #MMM just within the first quarter - WOW! And MORE THAN 1 MILLION people joined us last year. #MMM: it's far more than a moment, it's a whole movement!
Greater Than Newsletter, a place of inspiration to alignment of higher consciousness, through motivation and relatable experiences. SUBSCRIBE today to propel your life into discovery of limitless potential.